Tags: Featured Story, Food & Home
All hosts want to delight guests with delicious meals, especially during the holidays. The pressure often leads them to spend a fortune on ingredients or cater their gatherings. The experts at Campbell’s Kitchen have created this traditional holiday menu, proving that it’s possible to prepare a memorable, gourmet feast by combining affordable, quality ingredients.
For more affordable holiday tips and recipes, visit www.CampbellsKitchen.com.
Roast Turkey with Mushroom Stuffing
Prep: 25 minutes • Roast: 3 hours 30 minutes • Stand: 10 minutes • Makes: 12 servings
3 1/2 cups Swanson Chicken Stock (Regular or Unsalted)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 small onion, coarsely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (about 1 1/2 ounces)
4 cups Pepperidge Farm HerbSeasoned Stuffing
1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Stir 1 3/4 cups stock, lemon juice, basil, thyme and 1/8 tsp.black pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Heat remaining stock, remaining black pepper, celery, onion and mushrooms in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove saucepan from heat. Add stuffing to saucepan and mix lightly.
3. Remove package of giblets and neck from turkey cavity. Rinse turkey with cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Spoon stuffing lightly into neck and body cavities. Fold any loose skin over stuffing. Tie ends of drumsticks together.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in shallow roasting pan. Spray turkey with cooking spray. Brush with stock mixture. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of meat, not touching bone.
5. Roast at 325°F for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until thermometer reads 180°F. Baste occasionally with stock mixture. Begin checking for doneness after 3 hours of roasting time. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing
Sweet Potato & Parsnip Purée
Prep: 15 minutes • Cook: 15 minutes • Makes: 4 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup Swanson Natural Goodness Chicken Broth, heated
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Additional fresh chives for garnish
1. Place potatoes and parsnips in 4-quart saucepan. Add water to cover. Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetables well in colander.
2. Place vegetables, broth and butter into food processor. Cover and process until mixture is smooth. Add brown sugar, black pepper and chopped chives. Cover and process until mixture is just combined. Garnish with additional chives.
Green Bean Casserole
Prep: 10 minutes • Bake: 30 minutes • Makes: 12 servings (about 3/4 cup each)
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request)
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 cups cooked cut green beans
2 2/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions, divided
1. Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in 3-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir bean mixture. Sprinkle with remaining onions.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Cornbread Turkey Pot Pie
Prep: 15 minutes • Bake: 30 minutes • Makes: 4 servings (about 1 1/2 cups each)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request)
1 can (about 8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
2 cups cubed cooked turkey
1 package (about 8 ounces) corn muffin mix
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Stir soup, corn and turkey in a 9-inch pie plate.
2. Stir muffin mix, milk and egg in medium bowl just until combined. Spread batter over chicken mixture.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese.