In order to keep every member of your family safe this Halloween, including Fido or Fluffy, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) offers the following tips:
• No tricks, no treats – chocolate in all forms is dangerous for dogs. Some popular Halloween plants such as pumpkins can also upset your pet's digestive tract. If your pet ingests a potentially dangerous substance, call your veterinarian or ASPCA Animal Poison Control at 888-426-4435.
• Keep wires, electrical cords, and other decorations out of reach of your pets.
• If you choose to add a candle to your carved pumpkin, keep curious kittens from getting singed or burned.
• Make sure your pet's costume isn't an- noying or unsafe. Make sure there are not obstructions or potential choking items.
• IDs please! Always make sure your pet has proper identification. If for any reason you lose your pet, a collar, tags, and/or microchip help ensure his safe return home.
For more safety tips, visit www.aspca.org.