Tags: Featured Story
In May, the Beautiful Bakersfield Awards Banquet will honor local businesses, organizations and citizens for their contributions to the people and image of Bakersfield, thus paying tribute to the time, effort and commitment individuals or organizations have made to enhance and improve our community’s quality of life during 2013, making Bako a better place to live, work and play.
The Greater Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce needs your nomination! If you know of a project or achievement within the Greater Bakersfield metropolitan area that was completed during 2013, this is your chance to publicly applaud that positive work. Nominations will be accepted Feb 1 through March 17, 2014. Self-nominations are allowed. Award recipients will be announced at the Awards Banquet and provided a Beautiful Bakersfield Crystal Camellia.
Nominations will be available at bakersfieldchamber.org or at the Chamber office located at 1725 Eye Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301. The Beautiful Bakersfield Awards Banquet takes place Saturday, May 31, 2014.
- Active Adults: Individual or group age 60+ exemplifying meaningful contributions, strength of character, commitment to our community.
- All-America City Tradition – Civic/Nonprofit: Coordination of efforts enhancing local quality of life.
- Architecture: Completion of new design integrating environment with space/materials.
- Performing Arts: Excellence/achievement by individual/group through performance.
- Visual Arts: Excellence/achievement by individual/group through visual art medium.
- Commercial Remodel: Completion of renovated design upgrading existing structure and/or incorporating landscaping to enhance aesthetic property value.
- Education: Efforts that promote/benefit local education.
- Environmental: Individual/group/organization promoting preservation/conservation of local environment.
- Health: Individual/group/organization making a significant contribution toward healthy living in Bakersfield through education, prevention, medical services.
- Humanitarian – Individual & Group: Individual and group whose effort has contributed to the community as a whole.
- Public/Private Partnership: Use of public/private funds in a partnership effort to enhance local quality of life.
- Youth – Individual & Group: Individual and group age 20 years or younger answering the call of good citizenship.