Tags: Food & Home, Health
When hunger strikes, it can be tempting to reach for the closest treat, even if it’s full of fat and empty calories. When your sweet tooth is screaming, answer it with the refreshing indulgence of a fruity dessert. Fruit-based desserts are naturally sweet and deliver some of the key nutrients your body needs, so you can feel extra good about bypassing other options laden with unhealthy ingredients.
Peach Crisp Popsicles
• 1 jar (23.5 ounces) sliced peaches
• 4 teaspoons maple syrup
•1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2/3 cup granola
• 1 cup vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
1. Measure 1 1/2 cups drained fruit (there will be leftovers!) and 6 tablespoons juice. In medium bowl, combine juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, granola and yogurt. Stir well.
2. Place 2 peach slices in each frozen pop mold. Pour yogurt mixture into molds or small paper cups. Place on tray and freeze about 1 hour, or until partially set.
3. Insert frozen pop stick into center of each mold; freeze 2 hours or longer, until firm.
Recipe and Photo: Family Features