Tags: Food & Home, Green
Recipe and photo courtesy californiagrown.org
• 2 Golden Delicious apples
• 8 soft caramels, cut into small cubes
• 2 boxes double crust pie dough
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/2 t. cinnamon
• 2 T. flour
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 2 T. sanding sugar
• 2 eggs, whisked. You can add a little water if needed to thin
1.Preheat oven to 425
2.Core apples and cut apples into small cubes. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Stir to combine. Add the pecans and set aside
3.Using a wide mouth mason jar, cut out circles from each pie crust. You should get at least 8 rounds per crust.
4.Line a baking sheet with parchment and place the rounds on the parchment. Add filling to each round. Add 4 or 5 small pieces of caramel. Place the top round on top and seal by pressing with the tines of a fork.
5.Brush each top with the egg wash and cut an X on the top of each round for venting. Dust with sanding sugar
6. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before enjoying.