Tags: Featured Story, Food & Home, Party and Entertainment
Recipe courtesy Sue Silveira
Find more olive-based recipes at https://calolive.org/recipes/.
Serve in a 9 inch pie plate with tortilla chips. For larger family gatherings, prepare the day ahead to serve as the crowd arrives.
• 1 1/2 cups California Ripe Olives, size medium (or 6 oz. can, drained)
• 1 3/4 cups refried beans, with spices to taste (or 1 can jalapeno refried beans)
• 1 1/2 cups sour cream
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup mild cheddar cheese, finely grated
• 1 cup tomatoes, diced with seeds removed and drained
• 1/2 cup California Ripe Olives, sliced
1. Drain the olives and add to the spiced refried beans. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the olive bean layer into the pie plate and smooth with a spatula.
2. Add the chili powder to the sour cream and stir until blended. Spoon and smooth the spicy sour cream layer on top of the beans.
3. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
4. Sprinkle on 1/3 of the sliced olives.
5. Sprinkle on the tomatoes.
6. Sprinkle the remaining sliced olives on top and serve with chips.