Tags: Enrichment, Featured Story
MOPS Craft Project: Valley Bible Fellowship
Valley Bible Fellowship's (VBF) MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers and is designed to support mothers with children from birth to age five. Meetings are held every other Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (September through May) at 2300 East Brundage Lane. Each month, this MOPS group also schedules a MNO (Moms Night Out) and a park play date.
With your monthly dues of $20, MOPS provides a nursery program for the children to attend while the moms are at MOPS meetings, as well as pay, for the crafts and administrative costs. There is also a onetime registration fee of $35.
VBF's MOPS' annual fundraiser dinner and silent auction will be held on Friday, March 18th. This event is open to the public, and tickets are currently available. For more information, please call 325-2251 or visit www.vbfmops.org or www.mops.org.
VBF's MOPS Craft Idea:
Scrapbook in a Jar
• 1/2 pint wide mouth mason jars
• Circle cutter
• Assorted cardstock/patterned paper
• One yard of 1 1/2 or 2" wide ribbon
• Tiny Attacher
• Glue dots
• Double-sided tape
• Embellishments and stickers
1. Cut 21- 3" circles out of assorted matching patterned paper or card stock using the circle cutter
2. Starting at the bottom of the ribbon, attach the circles back to back going up the ribbon leaving about 1/2" spacing between. You should have about 4 to 6" left at the top. Loop and tie the cording (about 8") as to make a handle.
3. Attach the ribbon to the cording with glue dots, then fold over the ribbon so you can't see the end.
4. Use your Tiny Attacher and make 2 staples to make the handle more secure.
5. Decorate with embellishments or stickers and add pictures to the circles.
6. Accordion fold and tuck into jar.
7. Attach last 3" circle to the lid.
8. Makes a great inexpensive gift!