MOPS Craft Project: Laurelglen Bible Church
Glass Tile Photo Necklaces
Laurelglen Bible Church (LBC) announces a new chapter in their MOPS ministry. For over ten years, LBC has hosted an exciting morning MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group, but long desired to offer the same fun and fulfilling program to moms who work or who otherwise just can't attend in the morning. This year, LBC kicked off a MOPS group that meets at night – the only one in Kern County!
MOPS at LBC is open to moms expecting a baby through moms with kindergartners. At each meeting, you will be served a meal, hang out with the other moms at your table, do a craft together, and listen to a speaker. You will also have the privilege of learning from the more experienced Mentor Moms who sit at each table. LBC's goal is to encourage and support you and also to give you helpful tools and tips to use as you navigate this sometimes crazy stage of life.
- 1x1 inch photo (or graphic)
- 1-inch clear glass square tile
- bail (holds the pendant onto the chain)
- silver ball chain
-Diamond Glaze (Only a very small amount of Diamond Glaze is needed and goes a LONG way; use sparingly. Otherwise your tile will take forever to dry.)
-adhesive glue, like E-6000
1. Cut your photo or graphic out and apply the Diamond Glaze to the textured side of the glass tile.
2. Place the photo face-down onto the glaze lightly. Give it a little wiggle to make sure the whole picture is covered and to prevent air bubbles.
3. Add a small amount of Diamond Glaze to back of photo to seal.
3. Allow to dry face down.
4. When tile is almost dry, have paper towels slightly damp and ready to wipe off any excess glue that ran over sides of tile.
5. Once dry, trim any excess from the photo around the edges.
6. Put adhesive glue on the bail, and then center it onto the back of the tile and press down. Bail will not be secure for 24 hours. Put the chain thru the bail when bail is cured. You can cut the chain necklace easily with scissors to the desired length.
Etsy.com is a great resource for the supplies. Choose 'supplies' from the pull-down menu, and search for glass tiles and bails. Here is a shop with lots of the needed supplies: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CandyTiles2?ref=seller_info.
For more information, visit our web site: www.laurelglen.org/women/mothers-of-preschoolers/ or contact Milena Nord: 634-9751 or email@example.com.
MOPS am: 9:00–11:00 am on the 3rd Thursday, and an activity with kids on the 1st Thursday. Children's program available.
MOPS pm: 6:30-8:30 pm on the 3rd Thursday. No children's program.
Special events are occasionally planned for both groups together.