Tags: Enrichment, Featured Story, Party and Entertainment
MOPS Craft Project: The Bridge Bible Church
The Bridge Bible Church MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) is designed to provide encouragement to mothers with young children (birth through kindergarten age). The Bridge MOPS meetings are held once a month at The Bridge Bible Church (12225 Stockdale Hwy. 93314) from 9:00-11:00am. The mornings consist of breakfast, speakers, crafts, and discussion time with other moms while the children are in a childcare program. Other activities throughout the month include play date outings, moms’ night outs, and service opportunities. The annual cost (September through May) is $90. For more information, please visit www.thebridgebiblechurch.com/m-o-p-s-
- Artificial flowers (available at Michael’s, The Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Store)
- Green floral tape
- Glass vase or clay pot
- Colored glass beads
- Cut a flower off of a bunch (using wire cutters) leaving about 2 inches of stem.
- Remove cap from pen. Pressing the flower to the blunt end of the pen, start wrapping tightly using floral tape towards the pen’s tip. Note that the floral tape becomes sticky as you stretch it slightly.
- Once you get down to the tip, continue wrapping back up to the flower, making 2 layers of floral tape so that the flower stays in place.
- Add your finished flower pen to a cute pot or glass vase, with colored glass beads to cover the bottom.