Tags: Featured Story
Hosting your home for Thanksgiving can be more stressful than blissful with the endless amount of tasks that need to be done. However, it doesn't have to be that way! Use these six tips to make your Turkey-Day easier for everyone.
1. CLEAN UP: Deep clean your home now, then maintain with routine clean-ups. The house will be spick and span, and you will be stress-free for holiday guests.
2. DECORATE EARLY: Setting up decorations early leaves the rest of the month for cooking, entertaining, and enjoying Thanksgiving.
3. USE WHAT YOU HAVE: Make room for the turkey and trimmings by using items from your refrigerator and freezer for your family’s daily meals.
4. COUNT OFF: As soon as you know how many dinner guests will be coming, then you’ll know what size turkey to buy. Plan for one pound of turkey per guest, which allows for plenty of leftovers.
5. TAKE INVENTORY: Check your cabinets to be sure there are enough dinner plates and flatware for all your guests. Be sure you have suitable cook ware, serving utensils, and platters for your Thanksgiving Feast.
6. CREATE A THANKSGIVING BINDER: Include menus, decorations, and plans. Next year’s preparation will be a breeze!
For more organizing ideas, please visit Joy’s blog at http://justorganizeyourself.blogspot.com/ or her ETSY store.