Kern Health cancer leaderboard

tide_pods
If you think your youngster would never consume a single-dose detergent pack, think again. These packets are small, colorful like candy, and oh-so-appealing to young eyes. According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC), they’re also dangerously toxic.

AAPCC executive director Debbie Carr said America’s 57 poison centers are urging parents to keep these highly concentrated soap packs up and away from children. In a recent AAPCC warning, experts report seeing a rise in calls about child exposure to the product, causing some little ones who swallow the packets or have them burst inside their mouths to become very ill with vomiting, wheezing, gasping, drowsiness, and unresponsiveness.

To prevent tragedy, the AAPCC urges parents and caretakers to: 

• Keep detergents locked up and out of the reach of children.

• Follow specific disposal instructions on the label.

• Call your local poison center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately

if you think a child has been exposed to a laundry detergent packet.

Printer Freindly Version
Email to a Friend

Tags: Featured Story, Health


Kern Health jul18 box
BLVD nov19 Kids Eat
KCFM Find Tommy
Murray Family dec19 Holiday
Kern Health cancer leaderboard
OFFICE LOCATION: 1400 Easton Drive #112, Bakersfield, CA 93309
PHONE: 661-861-4939 For Advertising and Subscription Inquiries
FAX: 661-861-4930
E-MAIL: kcfm@kerncountyfamily.com