Tags: Featured Story
If you earned less than $50,000 in 2012, you may qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and have your taxes prepared for FREE by the Kern VITA Partnership. Eligible individuals or families may receive a tax refund up to $5,891!
To prepare your taxes, you will need:
• Picture ID
• W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2012
• All 1099 forms for other income
• All 1098 forms for educational expenses
• Childcare provider information (name, address, and Tax ID number)
• Social Security card or ITIN for each family member
• Bank account routing number (to e-file your return or for IRS to direct deposit refund)
Kern County VITA Partnership will have locations in Bakersfield, Wasco, and Arvin now through April 15th. For more information or to find the nearest location, call 211 within Kern County or visit uwkern.org/volunteer-income-tax-assisstance-vita.