October 04, 2017 | 09:35 AM
1 box (15 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix, dry
1/2 cup butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
3/4 cup Musselman's Apple Butter, plus 3 tablespoons
1 package (11 ounces) caramels, unwrapped
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
2/3 cup flaked coconut, sweetened
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
2. With electric mixer on low speed, beat dry cake mix and 1/2 cup softened butter until mixture is crumbly. Spoon 1 cup cake mix mixture into medium bowl; set aside.
3. Add 3/4 cup apple butter and egg to remaining mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
4. Spread evenly into pan. Bake 20 minutes, or until starting to brown and top is set.
5. Place caramels, 2 tablespoons butter and remaining apple butter in microwavable bowl. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth and melted.
6. Pour caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust. If caramel has cooled and set, microwave 1 minute until soft and pourable.
7. Combine walnuts, coconut and 2 tablespoons melted butter with reserved cake mix mixture. Mix until crumbly.
8. Break up topping and sprinkle evenly over caramel.
9. Bake 16-18 minutes, or until topping is starting to brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Featured Post: Featured Post: Calendar Highlight: Calendar Highlight: